What Is a Double Dayed?
Double daybeds are designed to be both a sofa and bed. They are an incredibly versatile piece of furniture. They offer the best of both worlds. Whether you want to relax with your favourite book in a comfy seat or sleep comfortably, daybeds can fulfil all those needs. They also happen to be fantastic for when guests come over.
With a double daybed, those unexpected sleepovers will be a doddle. Most Daybeds are only desinged to accommodate one person, but with a Double Daybed, simply pull out the trundle bed, pop on a mattress, and you have a sleeping area for two people!
The only issue is that there are so many different types and styles out there; It’s not easy to choose the right double daybed for your home.
Luckily, we’ve done the research for you! Read on to find out about our favourite picks.
Not what you’re looking for? Consider these other buying guides.
Single Double Day Bed Scrub Metal Guest Bed Frame (Best On A Budget)
This bed frame has tons of great reviews! If you’re looking for a practical day bed frame that can be used as an extra bed, a single or double or as a place to just relax during the day, then the EGGREE Day Bed frame is perfect for your needs.
With this bed frame’s comfy seating area and convertible design, you’ll have everything you need to provide them with a great night’s sleep – no matter how long they stay over! Simply pull out the under bed trundle, add a mattress, and you’re good to go its easily converted into a double bed and best of all, it’s budget-friendly!
We have selected this bed frame as our top pick simply because of the affordable price tag and its versatility. We also like the vintage design headboard. Great value and style; what more could you ask for? For such a cheap product, it has excellent reviews and very few negative ones.
White Metal Guest Day Bed and Trundle – 3ft Single bed (Our Top Choice)
Are you looking for an affordable metal bed frame that will give your kids more space in their bedroom?
The Versailles Stone White Metal Guest Day Bed and Trundle bed is the perfect solution. Its sturdy construction and one-year guarantee make it the best choice for your home.
With its under bed trundle, the two single beds transform into a king-size bed as they are the same height. You can easily slide out the comfortable bed to make room for guests without having to move bedroom furniture around or worry about sleeping space. And when you want to go back to just one bed or sofa, simply push in the trundle bed again! With its strong metal frame, this bed is the perfect way to accommodate overnight guests.
This guest daybed is more than just an extra place to sleep – it’s a beautiful addition to any bedroom with its classy design and white metal colour finish. This bed also comes with two 3ft memory foam mattresses.
This bed is our overall top pick. It has excellent reviews and the price is superb.
Pino Day Bed with Pull Out Bed
The Pino wooden day bed is the perfect addition to any bedroom or guest rooms. The bed base frame is manufactured from solid Scandinavian pine and has a solid slat base. When you pull out the trundle bed, the two mattresses lie side by side to create a double bed.
The ideal place to accommodate your family or friends when having a sleepover. Push the trundle back in, scatter a cushion or two, and you have a nice place to relax during the day. You can add a storage drawer underneath, which can store blankets, sheets, or toys. This comfortable bed is finished in white will suit almost any bedroom decor.
Elwood Daybed with USB charging
Do you have a teenager who loves stylish modern furniture?
The Elwood upholstered fabric daybed with USB Charging is the perfect solution for your teen’s bedroom. It’s not just a sofa; it also opens into a double bed so they can sleep in comfort and style or put up their friends for a night or two!
The daybed even has a discreet side pocket ideal for keeping mobiles and Ipads safe off the floor while they sleep. Also, there are 2 USB ports built into the armrest for charging as well!
Your kids will love having their own space that doubles as a comfy couch or bed when needed. You’ll love how easy it is to clean up after them, too – simply fold up the daybed and vacuum away any crumbs or spills. Sofa beds don’t come much better than this!
The Kylie Metal Day Bed With Pull Out Bed
The Kylie Metal Day Bed with Pull Out is the perfect solution to your guest bedroom needs. With its swirled metal design and interlinking pull-out, it’s the ultimate in versatility.
This Day Bed has a unique interlinking pull-out allowing for two single mattresses to sit side by side; the perfect sleepover set up. You won’t have to worry about your guests feeling cramped or uncomfortable during their stay!
The interlinking design also means when this is not being used as a Bed, the Pull-Out feature isn’t noticeable, providing your room of choice with a versatile Day Bed.
You won’t regret buying this product because it comes with a 1-year guarantee and is easy to assemble. Plus, it’s super affordable!
Buying tips – Here are a few tips when it comes to buying a double daybed:
- Consider the style of your house. If you have a modern home, it may be best to choose a sleek-looking day bed that will match its design. If you live in an older building, try opting for one that has more character and detail, as these features can make all the difference. Wooden day beds work well in traditional homes. Look at what colours are available and see which one matches best with the rest of your home’s decor. Bedding can help to match your decor perfectly.
- Consider the size of your room and the other furniture you have. What kind of space do you have available? Some daybeds are very large, and if you don’t have a lot of floor space, it may be wise to opt for a different type of bed or a single day bed. Many people opt for a single daybed as they won’t take up too much floor space. However, if you have a lot of floor space, double daybeds are a good choice.
- Consider whether you want a daybed with storage, as this can be useful if you don’t have a lot of extra space in your bedroom. If your children have a lot of toys, one with storage space for their belongings will help keep things all tidy and organized. Some daybeds come with built-in drawers for storage.
- Do you need a mattress for a day bed? Almost certainly, a daybed is almost always just the frame, and you will need a mattress to sleep on. This, however, can be an advantage. You get to choose! Pocket spring? Memory foam mattress? A double mattress? The choice is yours. With a regular sofa bed or folding bed, you don’t usually get to choose.
- Look for frames manufactured from metal, solid wood or high quality MDF. Pine and Rubber wood are popular.
A double day bed is a good choice for people who love to have sleepovers and are a stylish option for a children’s bedroom or guest room. When you are looking for the best daybed, it is all about finding the right balance of comfort and style. Day beds aren’t just guest beds, scatter cushions or pillows, and they can be a nice place for sitting.
Considering the size and style of your room and whether or not you want storage space can help in deciding on what to buy. We hope this article has helped you narrow down your options and make an informed decision about what to buy!
Important note. When deciding between our top picks, we considered each beds cost at the time of writing. However, we would not hesitate in recommending any of the beds. Prices can fluctuate a fair bit, so our number five choice could easily be our number one choice if the price were right. Please be sure to double-check all bed sizes before purchase.
Please be sure to double-check all bed sizes before purchase.